Danville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the positions of Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedic. We have opportunities available for both Full-Time and Part-Time.
Lateral Transfers are encouraged to apply!
In order to be considered for appointment to the Danville Fire Department the applicant must meet the following pre-employment requirements (this list is not all-inclusive):
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) at the time of application.
- The applicant must be legally able to work in the United States.
- The applicant cannot be employed if he/she has a felony conviction on their record.
- The applicant must have valid Indiana Drivers License.
- Currently State of Indiana certified EMT or Paramedic
- Currently State of Indiana certified Firefighter I/II
- Meet PERF 77 Police and Firefighter Pension age requirement of less than 36 years of age at the time of hire, or currently be a member of 1977 PERF Pension Fund.
- Applicants must successfully complete and pass the approved department WPE (Work Performance Evaluation).
- Full-Time applicants hired will be required to successfully complete and pass the approved Department probationary program.
Are you ready for the challenge to serve and protect?
We currently serve approximately 12,000 residents of Town of Danville, Center Township and Marion Township in Hendricks County. Danville Fire Department responds to approximately 2300 calls per year.
Annual Salary $56,229.42
Annual Salary $59,973.42
Hourly Pay $13.00
Hourly Pay $15.00
Important Dates and Times
- Application Deadline: September 16, 2022 by 4pm.
- WPE (Work Performance Evaluation): September 22, 2022 5pm-8pm
- Oral Interview: September 28, 2022 10am-4pm
- Chief Interview: October 10, 2022 10am-4pm
- Conditional Offer: October 13, 2022
- Progressive Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Plans
- EAP Program
Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be disqualified. Any application not completed following directions will also be disqualified. All applications are considered final once they are submitted to the Danville Fire Department. (Any changes in applicant contact information will be accepted by contacting the Danville Fire Department Administrative Office).
Applicants whose applications are accepted will interview with the Danville Fire Department's selected hiring board. The committee will score each applicant.
The Danville Fire Department will score each application based on their oral interview, certification and experience.
The Danville Fire Department will conduct background checks of applicants to examine the applicants' character, habits and reputation. Background checks may be conducted before the certification of the eligibility list, before the notification of a conditional offer of employment , and/or after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Appointment Process FAQs
When a vacancy occurs in the department, The Fire Chief will contact the applicants in order of the approved hiring list to make a conditional offer of employment. Any such offer that is declined will result in the applicant's removal from the approved hiring list.
The department will schedule a physical and psychiatric examination as required by the Indiana Public Retirement System's (INPRS) 1977 Police and Firefighter's Fund. The results of these tests are then forwarded to the state's PERF review board for approval. The PERF review board could ask for retests in areas at its discretion. The review board will make a determination of pass, pass with exceptions or fail.
Once the applicant has passed all the required INPRS examinations by state and local pension boards, the person appointed must subscribe to and take the Oath of Office scheduled by the Fire Chief.