The primary mission of the Danville Fire Department Fire Prevention & Code Enforcement Division is to provide the citizens of Danville and communities served with the highest level of life safety, environmental preservation and property protection from the hazards of fire in all Class I structures.
Utilizing the efforts of the Fire Chief, Fire Marshal and Fire Inspectors, this mission shall be attained through the education of our citizens about fire and life safety, as well as the enforcement of all current building and fire protection codes, adopted by the State of Indiana and the Town of Danville, through fire and life safety inspections, fire investigations, and the plan review process.
Working together for a safer community, this Fire Prevention & Code Enforcement Division serves our response district by:
- Reviewing site and construction plans for all new commercial occupancies, apartment complexes and subdivisions
- Examining all fire protection plans (Fire alarm, sprinkler, and alternate suppression systems)
- Performing necessary new construction inspections
- Conducting existing site inspections and necessary compliance inspections
- Fire Investigation to determine the cause and origin of fires
- Youth Fire Setter Intervention Program
- Public Education